Semi Truck Tractor Trailer Graphics
Semi Truck Tractor Trailer Vinyl Decals
Decal Kit Includes: (2) Logos (2) City/State (2) Dot’s (2) MC’s
In Tennessee, commercial motor vehicles are required to comply with federal regulations as well as state regulations governing the operation of these vehicles. Here are some examples of decals and markings that semi trucks may be required to have in Tennessee:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) number: This is a unique identification number assigned to each commercial motor vehicle by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). It is usually displayed on the side of the truck, near the front of the cab.
- USDOT Safety Rating decal: This decal displays the truck’s current safety rating as determined by the FMCSA. It is required for all trucks that are registered with the FMCSA and operate in interstate commerce.
- Hazmat placards: If a truck is carrying hazardous materials, it must display placards indicating the type of hazard(s) present. The placards must be placed on the sides and rear of the truck and must be visible from all directions.
- Reflective tape: Trucks are required to have reflective tape on the sides and rear of the vehicle to increase visibility at night and in low light conditions.
- Load limits: If a truck is carrying a load that exceeds certain size or weight limits, it may be required to display additional decals or markings indicating the load limits.
It’s important to note that these are just examples and the specific requirements for decals and markings may vary depending on the type of vehicle and the specific circumstances of its operation. Trucking companies and individual truck drivers are responsible for ensuring that their vehicles are properly marked and in compliance with all relevant regulations. If you have specific questions about the requirements for commercial motor vehicles in Tennessee, you may want to contact the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) or consult the TDOT website.